In response to the growing enthusiasm about the Multifamily Passive House Development movement, CHC is very happy to work with our partners in offering this two-part training.
Session One: Multifamily Passive House in the Real World Session One will focus on variations in Passive House design and details required to ensure that those variations work. Trainers: Lois Arena, Director, Passive House Services Steven Winter Associates, Inc. and Chuck Emerson, Manager, Multifamily Technical Services Connecticut Housing Finance Authority
This session will include the following:
- Overview of Passive House development;
- CHFA Overview of the 9% LIHTC awards to Passive House projects;
- The Process of Passive House Building;
- Presentations by Passive House developers and architects about their completed projects;
- Panel discussion and Q & A; and
- Opportunity to workshop your Passive House projects with the panelists (for those who wish to stay after the session).
Our panelists will include:
- Steve Bluestone, Passive Dwelling, developer
- Mark Ginsberg and Crystal Ng, Curtis + Ginsberg Architects, architects
- Michelle Apigian, ICON Architecture, architect (Invited)
Thursday, June 29, 2017
8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
A special session will be held from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. for those who would like the panelists to review your project
Cost: $75 for CT Housing Coalition members; $100 for non-members
Session Two: Multifamily Passive House in the Real World: Case Studies
This second session will include a number of presentations from some of the “Passive House All Stars” who will first discuss their approach to Passive House and then work with participants on a case study based on their work. Among the All Stars who will be presenting are:
- Tim McDonald, Onion Flats, LLC
- Adam Cohen, Build SMART
- Jesse Thompson, Kaplan Thompson Architects (Invited)
- Ben Igoe, JBS Project Management
Session Two will be held in September–Date and location TBD shortly.
Details will be announced at the June 29th session or as soon as presenters are confirmed.