Mount Sinai Health System
The Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) is one of the largest hospital networks in New York City. The merger of Continuum Health Partners and the Mount Sinai Medical Center in 2013 united eight hospital campuses, 7,200 physicians, 3,815 beds, and 147 operating rooms under the MSHS umbrella. The MSHS cares for more than 3.5 million outpatient and over half a million emergency department visits a year.
Steven Winter Associates, Inc. (SWA) is retained by MSHS to provide system-wide accessibility consulting services to its planning, design, and construction teams. SWA assesses compliance with accessible design and construction requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and its referenced technical criteria, the 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design, and the New York City building code and its referenced technical criteria included in the ANSI A117.1 Standard. Services are provided throughout all phases of design development. SWA also conducts field inspection to monitor accessibility compliance throughout all phases of construction through close out. SWA has provided accessibility services on over 110 projects, from a 2,000 SF single department refresh to 305,000 BGSF whole building conversions.
- Mount Sinai Brooklyn – Dole Clinic
- Mount Sinai Chelsea – Women’s Health Center
- Mount Sinai Queens – Medical/Surgical Unit
- Mount Sinai Morningside – Emergency Department
- Mount Sinai Morningside – Institute of Advanced Medicine
- Mount Sinai Rivington – Behavioral Health
- Mount Sinai Union Square – Cardiology & Respiratory
- Mount Sinai Union Square – Urgent Care Center
- Mount Sinai West – Maternity & NICU
- Mount Sinai West – Orthopedics Outpatient Practice
- Mount Sinai New York Eye & Ear – Sleep Study
- The New Mount Sinai Beth Israel