|Tips for Achieving Net Zero|
Aim Low, Build High-Performance
Building to Net Zero
Whether targeting energy-use, carbon emissions or environmental impact as your neutrality goal, employing high-performance building strategies is fundamental as you move toward net zero.
There is no one-size-fits-all path to achieve net zero performance, but for over fifty years, we have successfully guided thousands of projects where there is no standard solution. Our team provides the deep technical knowledge needed to help you to design, construct, retrofit, and maintain high-performance buildings, on-time and on-budget.
One of the main drivers for achieving building decarbonization is electrification. As municipalities and utilities begin offering incentives – and in some cases, mandating all-electric buildings – it is important to design and construct a system that fits your building’s needs. Our team can help your building go all-electric by utilizing the below services and connecting you with the latest incentives and technologies.
We offer a variety of net zero and electrification services tailored to meet your project goals:
- Establish goals for net zero performance; capture additional priorities for health, accessibility, and energy monitoring; and explore certification and incentive programs.
- Early design modeling and net zero calculations to analyze orientation and siting, as well as building envelope, heating, cooling, ventilation, and DHW systems.
- Renewable energy options: Solar and on-site generation feasibility.
- Set EUI targets for the building’s major end uses.
- Modeling and analysis: Energy modeling; solar design support; life cycle analysis (LCA).
- Design consulting including plan reviews and mark-ups for base building systems, envelope, renewable energy, and options for smart building controls.
- Review of grid integration and responsiveness.
- Contractor submittal review.
- Visual inspections during all phases of construction.
- Commissioning of base building systems, envelope, and renewable energy systems.
- Whole building infiltration testing.
- Energy management consulting: Monitoring and analysis, benchmarking, energy auditing, and retro-commissioning.
- Occupant education.
- Operations and maintenance training.