The Future of Energy in Buildings – Moving to Zero
Energy code requirements have been getting more and more strict over the last few years. In addition, various energy metrics have been introduced into local incentive programs and legislations; natural gas moratoriums are pushing the market to electrify. This seminar will put the pieces of this energy puzzle together, clarify the end goal of moving our buildings and our grid together to zero carbon, and discuss ways in which both existing buildings and new buildings can participate in this effort.
- Review the evolution of energy code
- Clarify energy metrics, and when & why they are used
- Outline regional energy and carbon goals
- Explore impact to new construction design process
- Identify options for existing building operations and capital planning
Credits: AIA credit available upon request