Passive House Takeoffs, Modeling, and Lighting Analysis for High-Rise Buildings
As PH projects scale up in size, the amount of time needed to perform takeoffs and auxiliary calculations for the PHPP also increases. This workshop addresses two tasks that the instructors spend considerable time processing on large PH projects: building geometry takeoffs and lighting design evaluation. The goal of the workshop is to provide the participants tools for evaluating high-rise Passive House buildings that will reduce time and increase accuracy.
- Ability to implement an effective and accurate takeoff system on any high-rise, Passive House project
- Gain an understanding of how to quickly and efficiently model a high-rise project
- Explain how to calculate the three different volumes that need to be entered in PHPP
- Identify main architectural drawings you will need to complete takeoffs
- Understand the impact of lighting design on a Passive House building’s energy use.
- Identify and input design into the lighting calculator
Participants must have basic knowledge of Bluebeam, SketchUp Pro, and Microsoft Excel as well as having them installed on their computer. A 30-day trial of Bluebeam and SketchUp Pro are available on their websites.