What’s in your Mechanical Room? Part 2
There is not one right heating and/or cooling system that can be universally recommended as each home has different circumstances that must be considered. This session will explore the fundamental concepts of selecting and properly distributing conditioned air throughout the home. The pros and cons of each system type will be considered in some detail, particularly with respect to first cost, energy performance, installation issues, and maintenance needs.
- Better understand what is involved in Manual J load calculations and why they are important.
- Learn the concepts of point-source or limited distribution for space conditioning.
- Make informed decisions when selecting home space conditioning systems taking into account project goals, budgets, interactions with other building systems, maintenance, etc
- Be able to assess which potential HVAC systems are suitable for a particular project.
- Know the basics of HVAC equipment to be able to address appropriately with homeowners/clients.
Credit: 1 AIA/HSW
Speaker: Srikanth Puttagunta, Steven Winter Associates
When: Thursday 3/15/2018 6:00pm – 7:00pm
Location: Rye Ridge Tile Port Chester Showroom 520 N Main Street Port Chester, NY 10573
Registration: Contact Michael Murphy at email@example.com or (914) 424-3422