It’s the most wonderful time of the year! We asked a few of our green living gurus if they could share some tips on how we can reduce our environmental impact this holiday season:
- Turn off your Christmas tree during the day. – Celeste M.
- Use LED lights, and put them on timers. – Gayathri V.
- Compost your leftovers from dinner. – Celeste M.
- Shop locally and bring your own tote bags to reduce packaging waste. I highly recommend local breweries and local farms. – Karla D.
- Make sure to unplug chargers, lamps, and other miscellaneous appliances when not in use. Always unplug electronics as soon as they are fully charged; never leave rechargeable electronics plugged into power when they are fully charged. Your brand new holiday gadgets as well as your electricity bill will thank you! – Carmel P.
- Use rechargeable batteries in new toys. – Jordana V.
- Use recycled paper for wrapping. – Celeste M.
- Recycle gift wrapping. – Jordana V.
- Buy gifts without much packaging. – Jordana V.
How are you going to make your holidays green? Do you have the ultimate green gift?