Sustainability Intern (Green Programs)
Job Location: Norwalk, CT
Education Level: Pursuing Bachelors Degree
Travel Percentage: None
Steven Winter Associates, Inc. (SWA) provides research, consulting and advisory services to improve commercial, residential and multifamily built environments for private and public sector clients. We specialize in energy, sustainability and accessibility consulting as well as certification, research & development and compliance services. Our team of professionals has led the way since 1972 in the development of best practices to achieve high performance buildings.
SWA’s CT office is not fully reopen due to COVID-19. This will be a work from home position until our office reopens. This is a paid internship for up to twelve weeks with the possibility of renewal. Hourly compensation is commensurate with experience and skills. Anticipated dates of internship from 9/20/2021 through 12/13/2021.
This position reports to a Senior Consultant.
Interns will be assigned to project teams to work with experienced professionals on real projects and research related tasks. Responsibilities will vary but generally include:
- Assist senior staff and other team members on individual projects and research studies
- Expand knowledge of sustainable building design strategies
- Develop skills in research, project management, and report writing
- Investigate various Pilot LEED credits and completing LEED documentation with supervision
- Maintain green project metrics
- Research regulatory compliance pathways for assigned projects
- Organize file structures and prepare analysis and graphics for reports
- Communicate clearly and actively participate in team meetings, as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Below is a list of the minimum requirements for the position.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Excellent academic standing with high GPA.
- Prior relevant internship experience.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team.
- Self-motivated, innovative, and willing to take on new challenges.
- Sustainability and Building Lifecycle Analysis coursework, or experience, are preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
Other Duties: Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to type, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand.
Travel Required: No travel is expected.
Working Environment: All of the duties will be performed in an office environment.
Performance Standards: Performance will be evaluated against this job description, competencies for this level, and mutually agreed goals.
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
About Steven Winter Associates, Inc.
Steven Winter Associates, Inc. (SWA) provides research, consulting and advisory services to improve commercial, residential and multifamily built environments for private and public-sector clients. We specialize in energy, sustainability and accessibility consulting as well as certification, research & development and compliance services. Our team of professionals has led the way since 1972 in the development of best practices to achieve high performance buildings.
For further information on Steven Winter Associates, please visit www.swinter.com.
SWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or marital status.