Job Location: New York, NY
Education Level: Bachelors Degree
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Steven Winter Associates, Inc. (SWA) is seeking a qualified program manager to join SWA SaaS product team, a new business incubated by SWA. SWA SaaS will use technology and data science to accelerate equitable decarbonization in the built environment.
The program manager will be a member of a small team of building sector veterans. They will hold day-to-day management responsibility over program development and implementation serving a key institutional client. This position reports to CEO initially and will report to the Director as the core team is established.
To be successful in a fast-moving start-up environment, the program manager will need to be a systems thinker capable of articulating and building clear, streamlined processes. They will need to work independently and communicate clearly and often with SWA SaaS colleagues, other SWA staff, program partners, and representatives of the client. Understanding of building science fundamentals, construction, and data science are pluses.
This position may require site visits to residential properties and will be a permanently hybrid-remote position.
- Set up and steward the program management processes and habits for long-term success.
- Day-to-day management of the program’s full lifecycle timelines, budgets, and resources.
- Regular communication with customers/clients to ensure all parties are aligned regarding process, deliverables, and outcome expectations.
- Proactively identify risks and challenges, and design appropriate mitigants.
- Clearly communicate program/client needs to product development team.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Required knowledge and skills:
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience and mastery of project and/or program management.
- Supremely organized, detail-oriented, and adept at managing multiple priorities.
- Proficiency in using project management software (Teams, Smartsheets, MS Project, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience related to rehabilitation in multifamily and/or commercial buildings in New York City.
- Knowledge of Public Service Commission Technical Resource Manual, savings requirements, and utility programs.
- Knowledge of Python and SQL.
Travel Required: Frequent local field visits in the Metro Area will be necessary (estimated at 10-20%).
Working Environment: This position may require site visits to residential properties and will be a permanently hybrid-remote position.
Performance Standards: Performance will be evaluated against this job description, competencies for this level, and mutually agreed goals.
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
About Steven Winter Associates, Inc.
Steven Winter Associates, Inc. (SWA) provides research, consulting and advisory services to improve commercial, residential and multifamily built environments for private and public-sector clients. We specialize in energy, sustainability and accessibility consulting as well as certification, research & development and compliance services. Our team of professionals has led the way since 1972 in the development of best practices to achieve high performance buildings.
SWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or marital status.