Job Position: Human Resources Coordinator
Full time/part time: Full time
Location: Norwalk, CT
The Position and Team
Steven Winter Associates, Inc (SWA) is seeking a Human Resources Coordinator to assist and support the firm’s Human Resources team. The position assists the HR Manager with HR administrative tasks related to but not limited to: benefits, payroll, and other HR areas. The Human Resources Coordinator will also support the Director, Human Resources with some ad hoc projects.
The successful candidate will interact with current and future employees in the Norwalk, CT; Washington, DC; and New York, NY offices. This position will work from the Norwalk, CT office. Travel to the New York office is anticipated as required
This position reports to the Human Resources Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist with the administration of our health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and HRIS to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks.
- Reconciles monthly benefits statements.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Assists with processing of new hires and terminations.
- Assists with recruitment process. Tracks status of candidates in HRIS and close out job postings in the Applicant Tracking System.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the Director, Human Resources.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Prepares and maintains new-employee files.
- Processes mail.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other HR related clerical functions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Assist Human Resources Director with analysis of HRIS data.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Coordinate with other Operations Teams for on- and off-boarding of staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Below is a list of the minimum requirements for the position.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field and/or relevant experience
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Strong attention to detail, thorough with strong oral and written communication skills
- Maintains confidentiality
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, maturity, credibility, confidence, and integrity
- Collaborative with strong focus on teamwork across all business function
Preferred knowledge, and skills
- Strong interest in and experience working for companies that improve the built environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer services skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Working understanding of human resources principles, practices and procedures
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at time stressful environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Paycom or other HRIS/Payroll programs
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand.
The employee may be required to lift or move objects up to 5 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Occasional travel to the New York, NY office as required.
All the duties are performed in an office environment.
Performance will be evaluated against this job description, competencies for this level, and mutually agreed goals.
About Steven Winter Associates, Inc.
Steven Winter Associates, Inc. (SWA) provides research, consulting and advisory services to improve commercial, residential and multifamily built environments for private and public- sector clients. We specialize in energy, sustainability and accessibility consulting as well as certification, research & development and compliance services. Our team of professionals has led the way since 1972 in the development of best practices to achieve high performance buildings.
For further information on Steven Winter Associates, please visit www.swinter.com
SWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or marital status.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
No recruiters please.