Full Charge Bookkeeper
Job Position: Full Charge Bookkeeper with Month-End Closing & Financial Analysis experience
Location: Norwalk, CT
Full time/part time: Full-time; Temp to perm will be considered
Reports to: SVP of Corporate Finance
Travel Required: No
Steven Winter Associates, Inc. (SWA) provides research, consulting and advisory services to improve commercial, residential, and multifamily built environments for private and public sector clients. We specialize in accessibility, energy and sustainability consulting. Our team of professionals has led the way since 1972 in the development of best practices to achieve high performance buildings.
SWA is hiring a Full Charge Bookkeeper who will be responsible for overseeing monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting and the preparation of periodic financial reports evaluating and interpreting the company’s financial performance. This position will assist in maintaining the company’s current year and long-term financial forecasts and budgeting process.
As a team member this position will also call upon the individual to assist the accounting team with some of the daily operations.
The role requires a self-starter able to work independently in an office environment. Must be detailed oriented and take direction.
- Responsible for monthly project management reporting, including variance analysis
- Prepares financial reports for Directors and provides commentary
- Prepares data/charts for Annual Shareholder’s meeting
- Review accounting data for accuracy
- Produces annual reports and registrations for commercial rent and property tax filings in multiple states
- Prepares quarterly financial reports evaluating and interpreting the company’s financial performance
- Participate in the annual budgeting and strategic planning process
- Maintain the company’s current year and long-term forecasts
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Skills and Experience
Required Industry Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- 5+ years’ professional work experience as a Full Charge Bookkeeper with month-end and year-end financial reporting
- Experience with Job-Cost Accounting
- Demonstrated track record of academic and professional excellence
- Advanced financial modeling skills
- Crystal Reporting and Dynamics SL preferred
- Strong analytical, project management, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and within short time constraints in a complex system and business integrated environment
- Inherent interest in operational efficiency and maximizing financial performance
- Ability to juggle several unique tasks at once
- Experience with small to mid-size companies
SWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.