Job Title: Energy Analytics Intern (Summer 2021)
Job Location: New York, NY
Travel Percentage: None
The Position and Team
Steven Winter Associates, Inc. (SWA) provides research, consulting and advisory services to improve commercial, residential and multifamily built environments for private and public sector clients. We specialize in energy, sustainability and accessibility consulting as well as certification, research & development and compliance services. Our team of professionals has led the way since 1972 in the development of best practices to achieve high performance buildings.
SWA’s NYC office is not open due to COVID-19. This will be a work from home position until our office reopens. This is a paid internship for up to twelve weeks with the possibility of renewal. Hourly compensation is commensurate with experience and skills.
This position reports to a Senior Energy Analyst.
Primary Responsibilities for the position will include:
Interns will be assigned to project teams to work with experienced professionals on real projects and research related tasks. Responsibilities will vary but generally include:
- Working closely with senior staff on multiple projects and/or
- Developing building geometries, HVAC zoning, and basic energy analyses using various software
- Using OneClick LCA to calculate embodied energy
- Assist team members with energy research and studies
- Reviewing drawings and doing some research
- Participating in team meetings, as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Below is a list of the minimum requirements for the position.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Excellent academic standing with high GPA
- Scripting and CAD experience required
- Prior relevant internship experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Self-motivated, innovative and willing to take on new challenges
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Data Visualization Skills
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to type, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand.
No travel is expected.
All of the duties will be performed in an office environment.
Performance will be evaluated against this job description, competencies for this level, and mutually agreed goals.
About Steven Winter Associates, Inc.
Steven Winter Associates, Inc. (SWA) provides research, consulting and advisory services to improve commercial, residential and multifamily built environments for private and public-sector clients. We specialize in energy, sustainability and accessibility consulting as well as certification, research & development and compliance services. Our team of professionals has led the way since 1972 in the development of best practices to achieve high performance buildings.
For further information on Steven Winter Associates, please visit www.swinter.com.
SWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or marital status.
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.