Job Position: Energy Analyst
Location: New York, NY
Full time/part time: Full time position
Reports to: Senior Engineer
Travel Required: NYC Metro area travel, 25 – 50% of time spent in the field
Steven Winter Associates, Inc. provides research, consulting and advisory services to improve commercial, residential, and multifamily built environments for private and public sector clients. We specialize in energy, sustainability, and accessibility consulting as well as certification, research & development, and compliance services. Our team of professionals has led the way since 1972 in the development of best practices to achieve high performance buildings.
SWA is hiring a qualified professional with a strong understanding of energy-efficiency and sustainable building principles to join our Manhattan office. This position will support Senior Engineers in our Multifamily – Existing Buildings group working with clients who are seeking compliance with Local Laws and energy code, participating in NYSERDA and utility energy efficiency programs, and implementing energy retrofit projects. SWA works on a large variety of dynamic projects in one of the world’s largest markets, so the following duties and responsibilities are representative of some of the many types of projects your team may encounter at SWA.
- Knowledge and application of energy efficiency and building science principles
- Knowledge of NYC Local Law 87 and its implementation
- Perform Energy Audits and Retro Commissioning studies
- Interaction with building owners, developers, architects, engineers, and contractors
- HVAC design review and interpretation of building plans
- Data analysis and Excel spreadsheet development
- Writing and issuing technical and non-technical reports
- Maintaining spreadsheets, photo documentation, and project tracking tools
- Reviewing and performing building diagnostic tests
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Skills and Experience
The role requires a self-starter able to work independently in an office environment.
Relevant Industry Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field of study
- 1 to 3 years’ experience
- Working towards CEM, PE and/or Commissioning certification
- Knowledge and interest in building science principles
- Knowledge of NYC Local Law 84 and 87 (retro commissioning experience a plus)
- Facility with performing statistical analysis on small and large datasets
Familiarity with building and equipment analytics software, principles, and/or technology. Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (in order of importance Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong quantitative analysis skills
- Attention to detail with strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work independently when required
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, maturity, credibility, confidence and integrity
- Collaborative with strong focus on teamwork
SWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter as part of your application.
Please visit www.swinter.com for further information.