Job Title: BODE Administrative Coordinator
Job Location: New York, NY
Travel Percentage: Estimated less than 10%
The Position and Team
The Administrative Coordinator will collaborate with the team directors, and senior staff to deliver proposals, organize projects and keep the team running smoothly. They will support our Building Operations, Decarbonization, and Efficiency (BODE) team through project and coordination efforts and may work directly with clients, as required.
Do you LOVE keeping things organized and creating structure? What about helping fight climate change by supporting a mission-driven organization?
We are seeking an enthusiastic, diligent, organized, and dedicated individual. This position requires excellent attention to detail in a fast paced, action-oriented, and mission driven environment. We support our employees to focus on our strengths to drive engagement, if there are aspects of this role you would prefer to focus on or ones you would like to drop tell us about them in your cover letter!
This position reports to the Director of the Building Operations, Decarbonization, and Efficiency team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist the team with project management tasks such as: coordination, tracking hours, updating budget spreadsheets, setting up and uploading reports.
- Complete and submit project documentation to complete various submittal processes
- Follow up with a variety of individuals to ensure deadlines are met.
- Develop meeting agendas (gathering input from others)
- Run and take notes for meetings
- Reach out to/follow up with clients and other external stakeholders
- Assist in employer branding and hiring efforts (including but not limited to reviewing applications, coordinating with new candidates, etc.)
- Work with the directors, and senior staff to set up proposals and opportunities in alignment with brand standards.
- Set up project request forms in collaboration with team and our accounting team.
- Communicate effectively and promptly with colleagues, clients, and project teams via the appropriate communication channels.
- Work with internal operations teams (HR, Marketing, etc.).
- Provide feedback to improve processes and team efficiency.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Minimum requirements for the position
- Associate or Bachelor Degree.
- Highly computer literate and confident using all MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Experience in AEC industry.
- Ability to read construction drawings.
- Advanced Excel knowledge.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and can prioritize multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable speaking up to clarify, correct or add new ideas.
- Works well in teams.
- Ability to work independently when required.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, maturity, credibility, confidence, and integrity.
- Highly communicative and comfortable interacting with leadership on a daily basis.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and initiatives and moved them forward to completion.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will be primarily based in the office, performing office-based tasks, using computer-based software.
NOTE: Due to COVID-19 the majority of our employees are working from home. The employee will need to work from home initially but will be required to work at the NYC office once it has fully reopened.
No overnight travel is anticipated for this position. Some occasional local day travel may be necessary.
Most of the duties are performed in an office environment, additional duties could include coordination.
Performance will be evaluated against this job description, competencies for this level, and mutually agreed goals.
About Steven Winter Associates, Inc.
Steven Winter Associates, Inc. (SWA) provides research, consulting, and advisory services to improve commercial, residential, and multifamily built environments for private and public- sector clients. We specialize in energy, sustainability, and accessibility consulting as well as certification, research & development, and compliance services. Our team of professionals has led the way since 1972 in the development of best practices to achieve high performance buildings.
For further information on Steven Winter Associates, please visit www.swinter.com.
SWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or marital status.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.